Friday, May 19, 2006

Candlelight

Sometimes I feel that I am but a candle. My existence is to give light and warmth to those around me. Yet so often I drip my wax and it burns others. But as I burn, I realise that the light and warmth I give off will become only memories the moment I'm snuffed out. Yet, the dripping wax that has burnt others will solidify and remain.

I got this thought from watching a bad movie on TV called "The Promise". This monk guy died and they showed a row of candles with one candle snuffed out by the wind. Got me thinking that life is actually as fragile as a burning candle. We can be snuffed out by the strong wind anytime.

Does one less candle make a difference in a group of a billion candles? When a candle is snuffed out, the rest don't just surrender and snuff out together for no reason. They continue to burn. So do you really matter when there are so many more out there?

This is really going nowhere but actually I've decided with Ky and Az to put a brake to our decadent lifestyle. Late nights, excessive drinking sessions and the like. It's time to take charge of our lives. We're like 22 this year. 22 sounds damn freaking old to me. A while back, I was just 17 and wondering when I'll get into those 21-and-above clubs.

I met some old friends and they've really turned into adults, especially the girls. Working and wearing pretty dresses with make-up, they look so uhhh....for want of a better word, WOMAN. Makes me wonder when I'll make the transition from boy to man. Of course, I realise by legal terms, I am a man, responsible for my actions and able to choose my political allegiance and such.

But I still feel like a boy, doing childish things and having immature reactions. Some people want to stay forever young and such, but I believe that there's always a time and place for everything. We've got to start acting our age.

22. The number just continues to burn into the back of my head as I hit that otherland with capital Zs.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » »

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home