Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Banished

It's yet another late night of listening to sad songs. Everytime I end up at home after a drinking session, I just got to listen to all these sad songs on iTunes. The alcohol makes me more emotional and thus the songs affect me more.

But I've been questioning myself. Why do I listen to sad songs? Can't I listen to cheerful ones? Or even dance tracks? But Noooooooooo!! I just MUST listen to these sad songs to make me feel down.

After thinking for about 15 mins, I conclude that I enjoy wallowing in self-pity. Always managing to twist the lyrics and tunes to somehow represent a sad memory or so. Accusing the world of being cruel. Showing contempt for the workings of Fate.

I've decided to stop this nonsense and bullshit. Self-pity doesn't get you anywhere at all. It just eats up your time and destroys you. Look forward is the way to go. Suffering from a bad experience once is bad enough. I don't have to let it torture me again and again.

I hereby banish Self-pity to the jails of the furthest borders of my mind. You are not allowed to return ever ever ever you understand? You are BANISHED!!! I'm throwing the key away as well.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello what happened to your website.

I'm know I'm a year too late.

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home