Saturday, February 25, 2006

Fracture

So it's a fracture after all. In soft cast now, will 'upgrade' to hard cast on 1st March. Many thanks to /S for bringing me to hospital and sending me back and bringing me down to Q Room and sending me back and for all the words of concern. You guys rock!!

So my life's been dumbed down to this. PS2, my beloved computer, tv and bed. Sounds like a dream to many of you Muggers out there but it gets boring after a while. And I don't get to sleep well at night at all 'cause it feels damn uncomfy sleeping with a big ass cast on your leg. Worst part is it still hurts a lot so I can't move around much.

Anyway, I watched this reality show "Beauty and the Geek" just now. 7 beautiful women with poor academic skills and 7 geeks with poor social skills pair up in a house. Each week 1 pair gets kicked out and the remaining pair gets US$250,000!! Some of the women are really bimbotic and can't spell the words "tattoo" or "calendar". And some of the geeks are reaaaaaally geeky. One of them has a nosebleed everytime he gets excited or something like that.

The beginning when they had to choose their own room, all the girls were scrambling for the rooms with seperate beds 'cause none of them wanted to share their bed with a geek. The best part is when one girl makes out with a geek from another pair. The girl's partner in the show is upset 'cause he likes her but there's nothing he can do about it.

He puts it best when he says, "If I went into depression everytime I saw a girl I like with another guy, I'd be depressed my entire life."

How sad is that!! For the geeks, it's like a treasured experience for them and for the ladies, they learn that sometimes geeks can be kinda cute. I really like this show a lot 'cause it's quite a fresh concept and the contestants show very real reactions to situations. It's like watching a social experiment at work.

I can't wait for the next episode, though the girl I liked best was the first pair to be kicked out!! Uggghhhhh!! And I think 6 episodes is really way too short. But there's a "Beauty and the Geek 2". So hope the show gets popular enough that the second series gets aired on local TV as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home