Monday, September 19, 2005

Another Sunday Night

Watched Pool vs Man Utd and it ended in a 0-0. But the Hooters lamb chop not bad. Can try it if u guys are there. Too bad one of the side dishes is a choice of tomato or carrot of which I liked NEITHER.

After that me,Yuda,Foong and John were walking around to find another place to drink. We chanced upon this pub called Q's Room and Foong managed to get the offer of $20/jug of beer. So we went in, but the first thought that went through my mind was "SHIT!"

'Cause there were only 3 ladies in the pub and 1 of them was obviously butch(albeit a yandao one). So I thought we'd walked into a lesbian bar or something. But the service was nice, and 'cause the 4 of us were the only customers so the mood was relaxed and laid back.

Best part of it is free pool + free Karaoke(though I only sang one song with Foong.And that was for a forfeit.) But quite nice place to just kick back and drink. Best part is the frosted mug is really damn frosted. Got ice hanging off it somemore! Reminded me of the ACS canteen's Frosted Bottled drinks with a big part of it frozen in the middle.

We left after drinking 7 Jugs. But I've got the receipt which is a bit funny. 7 Jugs x $20 = $140. Then in the receipt still got service charge and CESS, but in the final total never include. So we only paid $140. Cool!! Probably 'cause we're the only customers and the staff was v. relaxed since they were singing karaoke and even jioing Foong to play pool.

Nice sort of quiet corner place that we can go next time we just want to drink. Good alternative to Europa!! But don't have the Europa Buffalo Wings n Black Pepper Fries!! It's a pure Drinking place.

Reached back home and ended up on MSN talking lots with Huiyi and Daphne. Daphne's still talking to me now so you can imagine her eyebags tomorrow when she wakes up. Oh yeah, talking to her reminded me of a movie I really liked by Robin Williams.

"Jack". I watched this show many many years ago. Think my sis brought me to watch it when I was primary six. It's about this boy who ages 4 times his actual age. So when he's 10, his body's actually like a 40-year-old. So when he's 20, he'll probably die of old age. One of the parts that got me tearing was when his teacher asks the class what they want to be when they grow up and Jack simply says "Alive."

Another nice part was when Jack's tutor describes him this way: "You're a shooting star amongst ordinary stars... A shooting star passes quickly, but, while it's here, it's the most beautiful thing you'll ever want to see."

But the part that got me crying like the 12-year-old I was is when Jack makes his Valedictorian(highest ranking graduating high school student, who gives the class’s farewell address at the graduation ceremonies) speech when it's obvious he's old like a grandfather and not exactly in the best of health.

"I'm cool...my speech. I don't have very much time these days, so I'll make it quick -- like my life. You know, as we come to the end of this phase of our life, we find ourselves trying to remember the good times and trying to forget the bad times. And we find ourselves thinking about the future. We start to worry, thinking, "What am I gonna do? Where am I gonna be in ten years?

But I say to you, "Hey, look at me." Please, don't worry so much, 'cause in the end none of us have very long on this earth. Life is fleeting. And if you're ever distressed, cast your eyes to the summer sky, when the stars are strung across the velvety night, and when a shooting star streaks through the blackness turning night into day -- make a wish think of me. And make your life spectacular. I know I did.

I made it, Mom. I'm a grown-up.

Thank you."

Okay...I just teared again. I think his speech applies to all of us at this stage of our lives. So hope you guys understand what Jack was trying to put across. I'll try to pick up the DVD next time we go JB!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home