Thursday, January 11, 2007

Pathetically Human

After a few drinks and some nicotine intoxication later, every lyric of every bloody song seems to ring oh-so-true.

"25 years(2 more years to go) and my life is still trying to climb that great big hill of hope for a destination." - 4 Non-blondes

"Like a clown I put on a show. The pain is real even if nobody knows. Now I'm cryin' inside and nobody knows it but me." - Tony Rich project

"I'm here without you baby. But you're still on my lonely mind" - 3 doors down

To cut a long story short, Human beings are pathetic. We spend day after day complaining, whining, listening to sad songs and putting ourselves as the main sad fuck in our personal mtvs. If we actually spent this time trying to improve our lives, I'm sure it'll make a significant difference. Even if it doesn't, I'm sure you will have a much better time.

Is it because we inherently seek pity? Or do we have a inferiority complex because of some sad childhood? (Said sad chilhood could range from being beaten by an alcoholic dad to being denied the permission to have a McDonald's outlet in your mansion.)

I think life is all about winning some and losing some. You may be damn frigging famous and rich, but you can't eat your fave Bak Chor Mee without a couple of bodyguards. You may not be the beneficiary of a rich household but at least you don't worry about your next meal.

It's only when we focus on the losing part that life loses much of its zest. Thus a logical conclusion is that we can be happy if we want to, but we usually choose to make ourselves unhappy.

Pathetic Masochistic Human beings.

Yeah, guess we're pretty much just that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home